MS Office suite is a collection of programs, applications and services developed by the software maker, Microsoft Corporation. Actually, installing Office on a laptop, system or notebook is not much different. You can do it by following the same steps. The only thing you need to consider is the fact that there are some low-end or older systems having much smaller hard drives that may limit the quality of data that can be written to hard disk. Even then if you have enough space, you will be able to set up a customized install for loading only the vital applications or features to the laptop to alleviate the amount of space Office takes up on the hard disk.
- First, you need to insert the Microsoft Office media disc into the DVD drive of your system. Then, you need to click on Start followed by Computer. You need to double click on the disc drive in case Windows fails to launch setup.
- After that, you need to type in your product key when prompted and then click on Continue. Then you will have to read the license terms and then click on I Accept the Terms of This Agreement. Then, you need to click on Continue
- In the next step, you need to click on the Customize button and then you need to select the first program or tool from the list and after that, you will be able to choose from Run From My Computer, Run All From My Computer, Installed on First Use or Not Available options available.
- You have to repeat each step for each application. Then, you need to click Install Now for installing Office to the machine.
- You need to note that the Run From My Computer installs the main application or tool to the PC but it will not be installing sub-features. Then the Run All From My Computer installs the application and all of its sub features. You need to note that Installed on First Use will not install the application or the tool to the computer until it is accessed and the bootable DVD may be needed at that time, and the Not Available means that the feature is not available for installation on the system.
There you go; you have installed Microsoft Office in your system. You can now enjoy all the features available in the suite.